Friday 14 November 2014

Happy Birthday to me - Part 3



This will be the last post on my birthday haul. I was excited to write this post because it gave me a good excuse to re-open up the boxes for these two dolls.

These dolls are from the Dynamite Girls line from Integrity Toys http://www.integritytoys.com/page/landing . In addition to my Tulabelle doll (described in my previous post), I still haven’t actually removed them from their boxes yet. You might ask, “What is the point of buying them if you're not going to take them out and enjoy them?” I agree with your line of thinking. I just haven't found a good place to display them yet. I am a little short on space at the moment.


Compared to Tulabelle, I would say that the Dynamite Girls have a more youthful look and playful fashion style to them. Here is their write-up on the Integrity Toys website http://www.integritytoys.com/page/brands/name:dynamite_girls :

“The Dynamite Girls are fun, fabulous collector quality fashion dolls created in 2007 by Integrity Toys.  These cuties live in a world of candy-colored, retro inspired styles, influenced by current trends and pop culture. The line was created to showcase a more playful side to collecting fashion dolls.”

The first Dynamite Girl I will describe is named Holland.


 





 
You can view a video review of Holland on Mike N` Elio’s YouTube channel, which I mentioned in a previous blog post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xy6qzxXyOQ .

Holland has rooted eye lashes and gorgeous strawberry blonde curly hair. I have not seen this subtle hair color very often in dolls. Her makeup is made up of very pale shades of pink. Her eyes are painted such that she is looking off to the side. What I love most about this doll are the many items of clothing that she comes with. She is wearing a belted dress that is patterned with swirly ribbons of pink. She is also wearing finely meshed pink tights. Underneath her dress she is sporting a turtleneck. What is best about her clothing is the articles of winter wear. I do not have many dolls with winter clothing. She has a jacket made of turquoise vinyl and green fur material. Her boots are high heeled with fur trim and silver button accents.  
 
The second Dynamite Girl is named TJ.






TJ has dark hair that is styled in a high pony tail. She has rooted eyelashes. Her eye makeup consists of vivid colors of purple, blue, and green. Her lips are a dark brown-red. Like Holland, she comes with many articles of clothing. She is wearing a collared lime green blouse that is closed with button snaps down the front. On top of her blouse she has a dark pink v neck sweater. Her skirt has a similar pattern to that of Holland’s dress. The pattern is of swirling ribbons but in this case, the ribbons are in shades of blue. She is wearing dark pink tights with a larger mesh pattern than that of Holland’s tights. Once again, the best thing about her outfit is the winter wear. She has a white jacket with fully functioning zipper. The hood of the jacket has black fur trim. Her black boots are high- heeled and accented with silver buckle straps.
Both of these dolls are fully articulated and come with stands. The posing possibilities are endless.

Looking at these dolls once again, I am very pleased with my choices. I look forward to having them dressed in different ways and having them swap outfits. A bonus is that they are similar in size to certain types of Barbie dolls so there is wardrobe sharing potential in this too. Maybe one day I’ll have time to actually take Holland and TJ out of their boxes and enjoy them the way they should be enjoyed.




No comments:

Post a Comment